Thursday, June 29, 2006

Depeche Mode

Tonight I saw Depeche Mode in the Arras town square (with about 25,000 other people), fulfilling a 6 year dream. Gee, that doesn't sound as impressive as a LIFELONG dream, but it was still a good time. Here you can pretty much see as much as I could.

Though all the cobblestone streets in Europe sure look nice and quaint for the visitors, they really aren't ideal for dancing in place. A very uneven surface below the feet makes this quite difficult.

Nevertheless, this did not stop me from grooving along with the boys of DM. Despite the crowds, poor sight lines, and cobblestones, it was all worth it just to hear "Personal Jesus" live in concert. Made me quite nostalgic for my "rave days." Oh dear, how fun it would be to dance the night away again. But alas, my advanced years require that I turn in at a decent hour these days! It was a beautiful night, not too hot or too cold, the stage was huge and the light show perfectly enhanced the strong beats making it a gorgeous time to be rocking-out in France. What more can a girl ask for? Oh yeah, maybe a couple more hours sleep!

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't beat and evening with David, Andy, and Marty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home