Thursday, May 18, 2006

the movies

Voila the ceiling in one of the many galleries of the Louvre.

Last night the Da Vinci Code opened in France (in fact, I believe it premiered down at Cannes last night), so I went to go see it with some of my coworkers. Though I've never read the book, it was a very entertaining flick. I imagine that I enjoyed it more because I have not read the book. As is usually the case, many who had read the book seemed to be dissappointed, because they knew all the details that the movie had to leave out.

The opening scenes take place in the Louvre and most of the movie is set in Paris. What made the movie particularly entertaining for me, however, was the fact that I had only just visited the Louvre for the first time that morning, and of all the galleries to visit, only went to the few that were featured in the movie (don't worry Mom, I plan on going back to see more). They showed paintings that I had just seen that morning! They ran through the gallery where the Monna Lisa hangs, and I had just been there 10 hours earlier! Tom Hanks walks around the big glass pyramid in the courtyard that I had just walked past that morning! It was kind of neat.

The only thing is, I kind of wished that I could have heard Audrey Tautou speaking in English with her cute French accent; I'm in France, so of course, the whole thing was in French!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home